About our guests this week:
Matt and Lisa Jacobson have been married for 27 years and are the parents of 8 wonderful children. Matt is a pastor, and both Matt and Lisa are writers and authors of books. Matt blogs at Faithfulman.com and Lisa is the creator of Club31women.com. Together, Matt and Lisa share encouragement for faithful life in Christ at the Faithful Life Podcast.
Matt and Lisa’s newest books release October 1, 2019! You can preorder 100 Ways to Love Your Husband/Wife and their accompanying books 100 Affirmations Your Husband/Wife Needs to Hear.
These books offer husbands and wives who want to love one another faithfully, practical, hands-on advice that they can start applying immediately. Whether you’re just getting started in marriage, or many years down the road together this set of books will offer you a refreshing look at specific ways of acting in love toward one another.
Encouragement from this episode:
Matt and Lisa shared about –
- how the Bible is the ultimate book on marriage, speaking to marriage in ways that change how we think about life and marriage, and how we respond in word and action to one another
- how husbands can assure their wives that their heart is at home, even when they travel
- ways wives can find to speak life-giving encouragement and appreciation to their husbands
- Matt shared about the issue of forgiveness and repentance when there is grievous sin in the marriage, and the answer for individuals in the midst of serious temptation
- Lisa shared about forgiveness in everyday life situations
- the importance of listening and hearing one another’s hearts
Find us on social media:
Please be encouraged to connect with us on Instagram and Facebook. We’re always so grateful when you share podcast episodes with your friends and when you rate and review on iTunes. If you’ve already shared your feedback, thank you so very much!
Lord, may our hearts be fixed on you, not on outcomes that we desire in our lives, or for our spouse. We want to be women who relate to our husbands in the ways you’ve designed for us, loving your word and holding it up as the standard for our marriages. We know are marriages are powerful statements to our world about who you are and the relationship you have with your church and we desire that our marriages reflect you faithfully. As we live out the one-anothers of Scripture in our homes, give us the strength and power that only comes from you, Holy Spirit, at work in us as we work out the salvation you’ve accomplished for us.
(from Colossians 3:12-17) May we put on, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another and, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven us. Give us the strength and fortitude to put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony. Christ Jesus, may your peace rule in our hearts, to which indeed you called us to in one body. And may we be thankful, daily, moment by moment and may your word dwell in us richly. And Father whatever we do, in word or deed, may we do everything in our marriages and our homes in your name Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through you, Amen.